Although the paperwork may seem like a complicated ordeal, I have got it down to an art.
It usually only takes a few minutes to fill in and then I take care of the rest.
The application for the cremation is completed by the next of kin or executor of the deceased. I have these forms and go through them with you.
The doctor fills out the Medical Certificate. For a cremation the doctor will also need to fill out the Certificate of Medical Practitioner and a Certificate regarding Pacemakers. The doctors have these forms.
The final information needed is to complete the Death Certificate for Births Deaths and Marriages. Some of the questions that can prove difficult to answer about the person who died are:
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Their parents name including the mother’s maiden name
- Their age if they got married(s)
- Place (city / town) where married(s)
- If born overseas how long have they lived in NZ
- Spouse’s full name (maiden name also) and age
- Ages of children
I will help you through all of this to make this process as easy for you as I can.