Cremation is becoming more and more popular. Not only with the cost benefits overall, but the added flexibility it gives family and friends to celebrate the life of their loved one. There are also environmental benefits.
Some benefits of direct cremation with a memorial service later:
- No hearse is needed and the urn can be easily taken to a memorial service
- Families can take more time to plan a memorial service – there is no sense to rush things
- In a memorial service the person is remembered in exactly the same way as a funeral service
- A memorial service can be run anyway a family desires
- After the service there is more time to socialise with the family – no need to leave with the hearse for a burial or cremation
- The ashes can be scattered or interred or kept at home.
- The cost is far more affordable
- There are environmental benefits over embalming
Because we cremate any pacemakers will need to be removed. This is because the battery in it will explode and damage the incinerator.
Sometimes a GP is happy to remove the pacemaker. If this isn’t possible we have a qualified person that can do this for us. They are able to come to wherever the person is. It is a simple procedure but it needs to be done by a qualified person.
If this needs to be by us there may be an additional charge of $120 for a qualified person to remove this.